"How can a planner possibly give me a more positive mindset and help me maintain a…
In recent decades, many more individuals are learning about the law of attraction. This is due to the work of multiple renowned teachers such as Neville Goddard, who have laid the right foundation with enlightening teachings. The reputable man was responsible for propelling a simple philosophy that has helped many individuals harness the power of manifestation.
Neville Goddard was an author of so many books on imagination, letting go, assumptions, law of attraction, and life in general. Goddard’s works are known for articulating his philosophy and interpretation of the psychological meaning behind many pages in the Bible. Also, many of his books contain real-life stories from fellow practitioners of the law of attraction and Neville’s students.
From Neville’s books, several quotes and positive affirmations have been used successfully by people globally. Here is a comprehensive article about the gentleman if you would like to learn about Neville’s life-changing philosophy, books, and quotes. Enjoy reading!
Table of Contents
Who is Neville Goddard?
Born in Barbados (1905), Neville Goddard migrated to New York City in 1922. Neville had a sister and eight brothers. While in America, he studied drama. However, after a decade, he quitted his drama career and followed the mysticism path as he learned from an Ethiopian rabbi known as Abdullahi. During his study, he learned about Scripture, Hebrew, and Kabala.
The famous intellectual served in the United States Army. Neville became an author who wrote about mysticism, self-help, and the Bible. Also, he was a lecturer with a confident disposition and smooth delivery. Neville advocated for the law of attraction, and his philosophy was that reality forms from imagination. He reckoned that man is capable of creating simply by imagination and not trying to change the external circumstances.
Neville is also regarded as one of the most influential manifestation teachers of all time because of his works on using imagination for creating reality and letting go. Before his death in 1972, Neville believed that creating scenes of your desire in your head and living as though it is already happening helps manifest the desire. Notable among the most famous individuals who have used Neville Goddard visualization techniques are D. Dwayne Dyer, Jeff Bezos, and Richard Branson.
Neville Goddard: Where to start?
Neville Goddard’s philosophies and teachings are embedded in a plethora of books written by the famous man. Also, many people found a breakthrough by using his positive affirmations and quotes from his literature. In short, Neville Goddard’s belief is reflected by his body of works.
Starting to use his philosophies, quotes, and affirmations is not difficult. However, you have to be open and willing to learn. As a man of mysticism, some of his beliefs might seem strange at first encounter. But with time, you’ll find the truth and reality in his words. When you read his books, several true-life cases are reported to serve as light and guide others.
Depending on your objectives, you can focus on learning the imaging techniques, power of assumptions, or letting go of methods Neville’s. However, nothing stops you from learning all, as you’ll find a lot of motivation, courage, truth, and practical methods to manifest your desires. If you want to start learning about the philosophies and teachings of Neville as soon as possible, below are some top book recommendations written by the famous teacher.
Neville Goddard Books
Here are a few among the works of Neville Goddard worth reading:
· The Power of Awareness
Here is one of the most loved works from Neville Goddard. In this book, he talks about mental conversations as being a significant part of manifesting our realities. Also, readers will learn about the power of assumptions and how to use a magical phenomenon. It is definitely a good read for people interested in the law of attraction and understanding the universe better.
At Your Command
For those who want something short and concise from Neville, you should read At Your Command. It is easy to read and, more interestingly, it is the first book by a famous author. At Your Command clearly explains the use of “I AM” and what it is all about. Before you finish reading the book, you can be confident about making a decree into the universe. At Your Command also talks about how consciousness is the sole creator, with some references to biblical passages. Neville writes about how God is our awareness of being, which is who everyone is.
The Law & The Promise
Here is arguably the most widely read and famous book from Neville. The book contains how imagination forms our reality. Also, as a reader, you’ll learn how to use revision in day-to-day activities. The book’s most intriguing part is the countless success stories and testimonials from people who have achieved their desires by using Neville’s teachings.
Feeling Is The Secret
Hardly will you find another book from Neville that is more straightforward than Feeling Is The Secret. In this book, he emphasized the concept of the subconscious mind and how it works. Also, the book explains the importance of feeling concerning manifestation. It is an enlightening read!
Neville Goddard Quotes
Below are top statements and written words from Neville Goddard for some inspiration:
- “Unless I believe that I AM He, I will die in my sins. To sin is to miss your desire. If you do not believe you are its creator, you are missing your mark. It would help if you believed in achieving. You must assume you already are the person you want to be in order to become it. Although your assumptions are denied by reason and your senses, if you will persist in your assumptions, it will harden into fact. This is how something is made out of that which does not appear.”
- “Change your conception of yourself, and you will automatically change the world in which you live. Do not try to change people; they are only messengers telling you who you are. Revalue yourself, and they will confirm the change.”
- “Imagination and faiths are the secrets of creation.”
- “Because of your belief in external things, you think power into them by transferring the power that you are to the external thing. Realize you yourself are the power you have mistakenly given to our conditions.”
- “An awakened imagination works with a purpose. It creates and conserves the desirable and transforms or destroys the undesirable.”
- “Only as one is willing to give up his present limitations and identity can he become that which he desires to be.”
- “Assume the feeling of your wish fulfilled and observe the route that your attention follows.”
- “To reach a higher level of being, you must assume a higher concept of yourself.”
- “Nothing comes from without; all things come from within – from the subconscious.”
- “To be conscious of being poor while praying for riches is to be rewarded with that which you are conscious of being, namely, poverty. Prayers to be successful must be claimed and appropriated. Assume the positive consciousness of the thing desired.”
- “Dare to believe in the reality of your assumption and watch the world play its part relative to its fulfillment.”
- “Assume the feeling of your wish fulfilled and observe the route that your attention follows.”
- “Stop trying to change the world since it is only the mirror. Man’s attempt to change the world by force is as fruitless as breaking a mirror in the hope of changing his face. Leave the mirror and change your face. Leave the world alone and change your conceptions of yourself.”
- “If a man looks upon any other man and estimates that man as less than himself, then he is stealing from the other. He is stealing the other’s birthright – that of equality.”
- “MAN moves in a world that is nothing more or less than his consciousness objectified.”
- “I AM wealthy, poor, healthy, sick, free, and confined were first of all impressions or conditions felt before they become visible expressions. Your world is your consciousness objectified. Waste no time trying to change the outside; change the within or the impression, and the without or expression will take care of itself. When the truth of this statement dawns upon you, you will know that you have found the lost word or the key to every door. I AM (your consciousness) is the magical lost word which was made flesh in the likeness of that which you are conscious of being.”
- “If you judge after appearances, you will continue to be enslaved by the evidence of your senses.”
- “For life makes no mistakes and always gives a man that which am first gives himself.”
- “I will be” is a confession that “I am not.” The Father’s will is always, “I AM.” Until you realize that YOU are the Father (there is only one I AM, and your infinite self is that I AM), your will is always “I will be.”
- “Your own wonderful human imagination is the Lord Jesus. Prove it! Believe in the only Jesus, for all things are made by him and without him is not anything made that is made. It is he who made the statement in the Book of Deuteronomy: “I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal.” The same being who wounds heals because imagination does it all! So, you see how practical and wonderful this whole principle is?”
Neville Goddard Success Stories
Below are a couple of success stories based on Neville Goddard works worth sharing:
· Story 1
Recently, a social media user shared how she started practicing the imagination technique after learning about Neville. Before then, the couples are suffering due to financial struggles. However, after learning about Neville, she decided to spend the last $97 with her to purchase some books written by Neville and listen to some of his teachings.
A few weeks after focusing on thoughts, actions, and imaginations on a better life, the good news came through. She recounted how his former client offered her husband a job. Since he was on his day off, he decided to quote a very high price. Surprisingly, the client agreed to pay the massive price, despite being a job that requires little effort.
From there, the family business has been booming. The woman wrote, “The courses have paid for themselves several times over two weeks.” She recounted how the whole turnaround is unexplainable and what it means to their family that has suffered across the whole year. By the way, the family now has enough to pay off their debt as they have been living on credit cards in the previous year. She shared the story during Thanksgiving week in the US.
· Story 2
Here is a story of a man who encountered a program that discusses Neville’s philosophies and teachings on YouTube. He claimed how the experience has been amazing and impressive. Now, John has stopped all “old law of attractions” like affirmations to focus on using the visualization technique to manifest his desires.
“I feel much more interested in practicing the techniques in my day to day life” was how he described his commitment towards the techniques taught by Neville Goddard. He also recounted how he’s letting go of many needless things that he has been engaging in before learning about Neville’s letting go technique. This includes overhearing conversations from people and reading stories, then thinking that it is about his life. Now, he pays little attention to what the world says as he continues to experience growth and freedom. He concludes, “I feel much lighter and free and peaceful.”
Without any gainsaying, Neville Goddard is among the most influential teachers over time. From his teachings, books, to quotes, several life lessons and truths are there to learn, not to mention the proven manifestation technique. By reading Neville’s works, you can be confident in understanding specific principles of life with multiple references from Scripture. Also, Neville Goddard’s imagination and letting go methods have worked for many individuals across the globe.
All you need is to be willing to learn and ready to initiate the change required to harness the power of the universe. Neville’s teachings and books will help boost your confidence and courage to become better in life and show you how to go about it. Be intentional about your growth and development by starting to make a positive effort today – Neville’s work is not a bad place to start!